Welcome to the Office of the Vice President in the National Capital Region. National Capital Region Operations provides comprehensive support for the university's broadening presence in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Our goal is to encourage residents in this area, and beyond, to access the world-class education, research, and outreach capabilities an institution of Virginia Tech's caliber can provide.
Federal, state, and local governments, as well as business and industry, are increasingly eager to hire our graduates. What better testimony can there be to the quality of education that Virginia Tech offers?
Virginia Tech is here in the National Capital Region to build on this foundation of quality education. With faculty expertise and a vision for the future, Virginia Tech is continually expanding, forming research partnerships and collaborations with government and non-governmental agencies, private businesses, and other institutions of higher education in the region.
Virginia Tech has much to offer in education, research, and outreach and invites you to visit the many links on this website that highlight current activities and underscore the scope and breadth of our capabilities.
For more information, please contact me directly at
(571) 858-3002 or email any of the contacts provided on our website.
Steven H. McKnight, Ph.D.
National Capital Region
900 N. Glebe Rd., Arlington, VA 22203
- Vice President
- Associate Vice President
- Senior Advisor to the Vice President
- Associate Director for Business Management
- Assistant Director for Facility Operations
- Executive Director, Government Relations
- Director of Information Technology
- Assistant Director for Communications
- Program Specialist
- Administrative Assistant
- Associate Director of Strategic Alliances, Office of Economic Development
- Associate Director for Continuing and Professional Education
- Manager of Executive Briefing Center, Virginia Tech Research Center — Arlington
7054 Haycock Road, Falls Church, VA, 22043
- Associate Dean of the Graduate School in the National Capital Region and Director of the Northern Virginia Center