Welcome to the Office of the Vice President and Executive Director of National Capital Region Operations, Virginia Tech, providing comprehensive support for the university's broadening presence in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Our goal is to encourage residents in this area, and beyond, to access the world-class education, research, and outreach capabilities an institution of Virginia Tech's caliber can provide.
Federal, state, and local governments, as well as business and industry, are increasingly eager to hire our graduates. What better testimony can there be to the quality of education that Virginia Tech offers?
Virginia Tech is here in the National Capital Region to build on this foundation of quality education. With faculty expertise and a vision for the future, Virginia Tech is continually expanding, forming research partnerships and collaborations with government and non-governmental agencies, private businesses, and other institutions of higher education in the region.
Virginia Tech has much to offer in education, research, and outreach and invites you to visit the many links on this website that highlight current activities and underscore the scope and breadth of our capabilities.
For more information, please contact me directly at
(571) 858-3002 or email any of the contacts provided on our website.
James R. Bohland, Ph.D.
Interim Vice President and Executive Director
National Capital Region Operations
900 N. Glebe Rd., Arlington, VA 22203
- Interim Vice President and Executive Director
- Associate Vice President
- Deputy Director
- Associate Director for Business Operations
- Assistant Director for Facility Operations
- Director of Federal Government Relations
- Director of Information Technology
- Public Relations and Marketing Manager
- Program Specialist
- Administrative Assistant
7054 Haycock Road, Falls Church, VA, 22043
- Associate Dean of the Graduate School in the National Capital Region and Director of the Northern Virginia Center